Manual: How to Automate Your Home to Keep Your Family Entertained, Comfortable, and Safe
Do you want to make your home smart, but aren’t sure where to begin? Are you worried about hackers taking control of your smart devices? Do you want to make a smart home that keeps your family entertained, comfortable, and safe?
When you are done reading The Smart Home Manual you’ll know:
What a smart home is and what it can do for you
How much smart homes cost
How to start building your smart home from scratch
How to pick the right smart home devices
How to plan for the future of the smart home
How to secure your smart home
After reading this book, you’ll be equipped with all the tools and information you need to plan, design, and implement the smart home you’ve always wanted.
Whom Is This Book for?
ALEXA. GOOGLE ASSISTANT. SMART SWITCHES. Smart plugs.
Smart lights. Smart, smart, smart, smart! These days, it’s hard to turn on the TV, browse the web, or consume social media without being inundated with ads and articles about smart devices for your home. There’s a good reason why smart devices get all this attention. They’re impacting our lives more and more every day.
The collection and collaboration of smart devices in your home make up what is commonly referred to as a smart home. Smart homes help people keep tabs on their families and homes. Smart homes help keep people safe, warm, and secure. Smart homes lift the burdens of mundane tasks that we get tired of or have a hard time remembering to do. Most importantly, smart homes make our lives better.
This book is for those of you who’ve gotten the smart home bug. You want the convenience and cool factor that you hear and see in the media, but you are unsure where to start. Or, you’ve got a few smart devices and you want to know how to make them work together so you can make the most of them. Perhaps you’ve been tinkering for years and want to take your home automation to the next level. If any of these sentences describe you, then this book is for you.
By the time you are done reading this book, you’ll know the following:
- What a smart home is and what it can do for you
- How much a smart home costs
- How to get started building a smart home from scratch
- How to pick the right smart home devices for your situation
- How to plan for the future of the smart home
- How to secure your smart home (very important!) While this book focuses on those who want to build their smart homes themselves, it is also useful for those who want to pay someone to do everything. Having knowledge of the smart home concepts, technologies, and capabilities will help you direct your smart home builder to create the best result for you. If any of this sounds interesting to you, keep reading!
Thank you, Marlon Buchanan and Love Books Group
About the author
Marlon Buchanan is an IT Director by day and a writer and home technology hacker (the good kind) by night. He has over 25 years of combined experience as an IT director, software developer, systems analyst, college instructor, and smart home consultant. He has a bachelor’s in computer science and engineering from MIT and master’s degrees in business administration and software engineering from Seattle University.