A hilarious story of the ups and downs of a overtired and overworked mother, two needy children and an overbearing husband the perfect laugh-out-loud story
The diary of a nagging wife is a hilarious journey of the up’s and downs of the life of Annie a 39-year-old mother to a chatty toddler and a newborn, going from a high roller financial manager to being boggled down with two children is no easy picnic, throw in an overbearing obnoxious husband to the mix equals a disaster. Written in the form of a diary, join Annie as she begins to wonder whether there is more to life than swollen breasts and picking up her husbands dirty laundry from of the floor. Can Annie truly figure out what she wants from her life?
– When and where do you prefer to write?
I love to write at home at my desk. Or outside on a sunny day at a lovely park
– Do you have a certain ritual?
I always have to listen to music when I am writing my novels, especially Jazz.
– Is there a drink of some food that keeps you company while you write?
I can never say no to coffee.
– What is your favourite book?
That’s a hard choice as there is so many!! I would say anything written by Jane Green, I’m a huge fan.
– Do you consider writing a different genre in the future?
Yes! I am a huge fan of thriller novels, I would love the opportunity to write one.
– Do you sometimes base your characters on people you know?
Sometimes you often find that certain people or conversations can inspire your work.
– Do you take a notebook everywhere in order to write down ideas that pop up?
I have a notepad on my phone and I always have ideas come up so I’m always prepared.
– Which genre do you not like at all?
– If you had the chance to co-write a book. Whom would it be with?
I would say Benjamin Zephaniah he is a wonderful author and poet.
– If you should travel to a foreign country to do research, which one would you chose and why?
I would say Thailand I really like the culture and the food. I think I can create some interesting characters.
Thank you, Donna Mensah and Rachel’s Random Resources
About the author
Donna Mensah is a author of the new novel ‘The diary of a nagging wife’
Donna is a women’s fiction writer and her writing is know for it’s humor and will often have you convulsing with laughter from the moment you pick it up.
Donna started her career as a singer and songwriter, so her passion for writing was already evident, however a twist of fate, allowed her to take a different route into the world of book writing and she hasn’t looked back since.
Donna lives and works out of her home in Waltham Abbey, Essex with her husband and two children.